Different types of affiliate programs - check out the different kinds of affiliate programs that are available.
Different Types Affiliate Programs
There are many different types of affiliate programs that might suit your needs. Selecting an affiliate program can be difficult, as one never truly knows if the one they have selected will perform as well as another. Do not be afraid to experiment with as many different affiliate programs as you can. Learning how each affiliate type works, will only make your website more profitable.
Affiliate sites are often categorized by merchants (Advertisers) and Affiliate networks. The main categories are:
- Search affiliates that utilize Pay per click search engines to promote the advertisers offers. Pay per click (PPC) is an advertising technique used on websites, advertising networks, and search engines.
- Comparison shopping sites and directories. On the internet, a price comparison service (also known as shopping comparison or price engine) allows individuals to see lists of prices for specific products. Most price comparison services do not sell products themselves, but source prices from retailers from whom users can buy.
- Loyalty / Reward sites Typically characterized by providing a reward system for purchases via points back, cash back or charitable donations. A Reward website is a website that offers rewards for performing tasks related to selected retailers and organisations
- Coupon and rebate sites that focus on Sales promotions. Sales promotion is one of the four aspects of promotional mix. (The other three parts of the promotional mix are advertising, personal selling, and publicity/public relations.) Sales promotions are non-personal promotional efforts that are designed to have an immediate impact on sales
- Content and niche sites, including product review sites. A niche market is a focused, targetable portion (subset) of a market sector. It is a business that focuses on a niche market is addressing a need for a product or service that is not being addressed by mainstream providers. A niche market may be thought of as a narrowly defined group of potential customers.
- Personal websites (these type of sites were the reason for the birth of affiliate marketing, but are today almost reduced to complete irrelevance compared to the other types of affiliate sites)
- Blogs and RSS Feeds RSS content use programs called feed 'readers' or 'aggregators': the user 'subscribes' to a feed by supplying to their reader a link to the feed; the reader can then check the user's subscribed feeds to see if any of those feeds have new content since the last time it checked, and if so, retrieve that content and present it to the user.
- Email list affiliates (Owners of large opt-in email list). E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience